There's an emo space elfie one too. If you want that one bad enough... you can find it.
So... I know I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer, and admittedly I'm not very well read on the We're-Not-Chaos-No-Really-We-Promise crew (never been a big fan), but I am seriously failing to see why ye olde Dark Angels Deathwing are now the flavor-of-the-month. Everyone seems to be clearing the shelves of green and cream paint after this FAQ. Someone help me out here... why all of the sudden are DA a viable force to reckon with? Where's the magic 'win' button in those FAQs?
Yeah yeah... I know. I haven't posted a damn thing I said I was going to earlier in the week. I'm short pictures, and I've been too lazy to whip out the tripod (pretty sure there's an off-color joke in there somewhere). It's the weekend, so I'm all over it.
Recovery from the insanity of the silly season in progress. While a full week off of work is a singular joy, catching up on the backlog that time off creates is the inky black fabric of nightmares. Ten days into twenty eleven and I'm caught up enough to refocus on that which is truly important... Boy Barbies.
In the event you hadn't seen the latest Forge World must-have, I give you the magnificent Tyberos the Red Wake:
Dual chainfists under each lightning claw... nice (if a tad over-the-top goofy). And loving the Mk.V-esque helm. Shark fins at the base of the LC blades need to go. Otherwise... perfect. Price isn't terrible either (for FW at least). I smell a new Spectres HQ/IC coming on.
Incoming this week:
- More Void Spectres background. To include an introduction of their non-Astartes auxiliary (mercenary) forces, the Smoke Jackals. That armored car and cavalry tank built so long ago have finally found purpose.
- All the pieces for the Mk.II + Achilles + Extra Armour Land Raider build-up are prepped for production. Possibility of a WIP pictures thread from beginning to end. No promises though.
- Hab Blocks One and Two are mounted, rough painted, with proper 'glass' windows installed. Pictures incoming with plans and premise.
- First attempt at an objective literature/game system/add-on review: Special Operations Killzone. Going to try to make this feature a more common occurrence, and attempt to focus on the stuff that hasn't already been reviewed eleventy-grillion times before.
- Kustom-ish Ork Kommandos pix and background.
- That's five things above... you're looking for a sixth?
Ambitious list, I know. Trying to keep RD&C a little more current in ought 'leven. It was either that or quit smoking as a New Year's resolution.