Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Generic" Bikers

These guys definitely weren't on my to-do list. Had the misfortune of a flu-relapse over the weekend (how the hell does THAT happen?!) and I just couldn't drudge up the energy to hang out at the workbench for any length of time. So I grabbed a Marine Biker set the misses gave me last Xmas, an X-acto, some glue... and started to tinker. The below is the resultant product of a (literally) fevered mind. They're all very WIP, as illustrated by the plastic chunks, rough edges and dust. But, far enough along to show I think.

First up, the ubiquitous Sergeant/Champion with Power Fist:



I've attempted to keep these as generic as possible so they can be used with either vanilla Marines or Renegades. Of course, they'll likely end up as part of my angsty cheese CSM force. Of note is the fact that the plasma pistol on his hip would not be WYSIWYG if standard Marines. Not an option. Sure as hell doesn't justify the fact that CSM bikers are 40+ points more expensive comparatively. Good thing I'm not bitter...


You may have noted the bolter positioning. Haven't seen it anywhere else (though I'm certain I'm not the first to think of it). Turned out quite well on all three. Definite cool factor to it as well. 



Bike #2 has his bolter-combo to one side to facilitate melta mounting. Bike #3 is getting a mounted flamer... somewhere. Haven't decided exact positioning and configuration as of yet. Currently I'm thinking top of front wheel-well. 

Updates as progress dictates.

9 comments:

Derina said...

Love the Bikes, look a lot better than the normal bikes.

Dryw said...

Thanks!

Going to tinker with them a bit more this weekend.

Derina said...

got any for chaos bikes?

Dryw said...

Actually, I do have one relatively generic conversion I did for a Chaos Lord Biker. I'll try to snatch a couple of pix and do a quick write-up tonight for you.

Derina said...

I linked your bikers to a guy on Dakka cuse he was in need of insperation.

Dryw said...

Appreciate the mention. Thanks.

Still working on those pix for you. Got sidetracked. I warn you though, it's not any sort of major conversion.

Derina said...

Can you do a walk through for your bikes as Im getting 2 when the shop opens this morning.

Dryw said...

Truly sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I have been inundated with professional responsibilities as of late... which has left little time for anything remotely "fun".

Hopefully this explains the lack of updates in April somewhat.

I will do my best to provide some step-by-steps, if you still need them.

Derina said...

I think i sorted out the Storm bolters,..

Post a Comment