Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Unhealthy Resin Fetish



No build update today (hey… gimme’ a break! I just got up-and-running again!), but posted for your perusal under “things I want simply because they’re astonishingly cool… even though I can’t use them with any army I currently possess”, I am in the throes of a quandary.

I will acquire one of the below, I am just not certain which. I suppose it’s a bookend compliment to the other super-heavy I cannot use… my Vulcan Macharius. The exchange rate isn’t doing anything but worsening, so I want to pick one up sooner rather than later. My jumbled thoughts as follows:



Defender: Smart concept. Infantry slaughterer. Very WWI retro boxy (ugly is beautiful to me). Dakka to make an Ork, well… orkgasm. My least favorite of the four. I’m honestly uncertain as to why.



Vanilla: Excellent ordinance range from the Battle Cannon and a possible 3x Autocannon. Very appealing. A good, solid build.



Annihilator: 3x Lascannon possible with a Demolisher? Lotsa’ zzap, with a boom bonus. What’s not to love? The points cost… that’s what. 335 (in that config) buys a lot of other cool stuff. Like seven grillion infantrymen. Points cost aside, top of the leader board at the moment.



Valdor: The asymmetry of this thing makes me weak in the knees with geek infatuation. Visually striking… attractive like an A-10 Warthog. The single sponson is brilliant. Somewhat of a one-trick-pony in my estimation. But man… what a trick!

So there you have it. I am open to input. Convince me to love one over the others.

1 comments:

Gotthammer said...

Valdor, purely based on looks. Sure it won't see much use on the table, but it'll sure get people's attention on the shelf!

Post a Comment